If you enjoy Museums, Art or History and you have contributions that you would be happy to have published and shared on this site you are welcome to submit for publication. Full credit details will be included.
Publication of your contributions are subject to your approval and need to be consistent with the themes of this site. All of the following forms of contribution are welcome.
- Blog Posts
- Museum Reviews or Observations
- Sketches, Drawing or Paintings (I am sure you can do better than the above)
- Photos or Videos
Please email contributions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates on new Museums and new Masterpieces follow “Joy of Museums” at:
Just press the Following and Like buttons.
Copyright guidelines for contributors.
“Joy of Museums” is focused on featuring historical objects and art with a picture and only pictures that are in the public domain or for which “rights have been granted” can be use.
The copyright law encourages the creation of art , photography and culture by rewarding authors and artists with exclusive rights. These exclusive rights are subject to a time limit. Unless the creator releases their work into the public domain.
In the US, UK, Australia, this time limit generally expire 70 years after the artist’s or author’s death.
For the purposes of using images in “Joy of Museums”, we can only use images that are in the public domain. The general guidelines for photographing museum artworks are:
- Australian guidelines are that Copyright has expired if :
- Photographs taken prior to 1955
- Artistic works, when the creator died before 1955
- Government owned photographs and engravings 1969
- United States guidelines are:
- A work is in the Public Domain if it is published before 1923.
“Study the past if you would define the future.” Confucius
Photo Credit:By Rennett Stowe from USA (Galileo’s Original Moon Drawings) [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons