Contributions Welcomed for Publication
If you enjoy Museums, Historical Sites, Art or History and you have contributions that you would be happy to have published and shared on this site you are welcome to submit for publication. Full credit details will be included.
Publication of your contributions are subject to your approval and need to be consistent with the themes and guidelines of this site. All of the following forms of contribution are welcome.
- Blog Posts
- Museum Reviews or Observations
- Sketches, Drawing or Paintings
- Photos via Wikimedia Commons
- Videos via YouTube
Please email your contributions to email@example.com
Copyright guidelines for contributors.
“Joy of Museums” is focused on featuring historical objects and art with a picture and only pictures that are in the public domain or Wikimedia Commons can be used.
The copyright law encourages the creation of art, photography and culture by rewarding authors and artists with exclusive rights. These exclusive rights are subject to a time limit. Unless the creator releases their work into the public domain. In the US, UK, Australia, this time limit generally expires 70 years after the artist’s or author’s death.
For the purposes of using images in “Joy of Museums”, we can only use images that are in the public domain. The general guidelines for photographing museum artworks are:
- Australian guidelines are that Copyright has expired if :
- Photographs that were taken prior to 1955
- Artistic works, when the creator died before 1955
- Government-owned photographs and engravings 1969
- United States guidelines are:
- A work is in the Public Domain if it is published before 1923.
“Study the past if you would define the future.” Confucius
Photo Credit: JOM