The São Paulo Museum of Art houses a significant collection of European art, Brazilian art, prints and drawings, as well as smaller collections of African and Asian art, antiquities, decorative arts, and others, amounting to over 8,000 objects.
The Masterpieces of the São Paulo Museum of Art include:
- Almeida Júnior (1850–1899). Girl with a Book
- Giambattista Pittoni (1687/1767) Dioniso e Ariadne, c.1730/35
- François Clouet (French, 1510–1572). The Bath of Diana, 1559/60.
- Sandro Botticelli (Italian, 1445–1510). Virgin and Child with the Infant St. John the Baptist
Further information about the São Paulo Museum of Art is available via the following links:
- Name: São Paulo Museum of Art
- Portuguese: Museu de Arte de São Paulo
- City: São Paulo, Brazil
- Established: 1947
- Type: Art Museum
- Location: Avenida Paulista, São Paulo, Brazil
“He who wants everything loses everything.” Brazilian Proverb
Photo Credit: By The Photographer (Own work) [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons