Museums in India – Virtual Tour
India is the second-largest country in regards to population and has a long history with early civilizations in the Indus Valley dating to the 3rd millennium BCE.
Later, Kingdoms and cultures influenced cultures as far as Southeast Asia, and later still, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, and Islam arrived in India. Then Sikhism emerged, which all added to the region’s diverse culture.
The Indian economy expanded in the 17th century with the Mughal Empire. In the mid-18th century, the subcontinent came under British East India Company rule and in the mid-19th under British crown rule.
A nationalist movement emerged, and later, under Mahatma Gandhi, India gained independence in 1947. India today is one of the fastest-growing major economies and is widely recognized for its cinema and rich cuisine.
As a pluralistic, multilingual, and multi-ethnic society, India has many museums of interest.
A Virtual Tour of Museums in India
- National Museum, New Delhi
- National Museum of Natural History, New Delhi
- Gandhi Smriti, New Delhi
- Indian Museum, Kolkata
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai
- Salar Jung Museum, Hyderabad
- Victoria Memorial, Kolkata
- Government Museum, Chennai
- National Rail Museum, New Delhi
- Shankar’s International Dolls Museum, Delhi
- The Calico Museum of Textiles, Ahmedabad
- National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi
- Napier Museum, Kerala
- Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum, Mumbai
- National Crafts Museum & Hastkala Academy, New Delhi
- The Allahabad Museum, Allahabad
Highlights Tour of Museums in India
The National Museum in New Delhi is one of the largest museums in India. Its collection includes historical and artistic objects ranging from pre-historic era to modern works of art.
The Museum has around 200,000 works of art, both of Indian and foreign origin, covering over 5,000 years.
Museums in India
- Country: Republic of India
- Hindi: Bhārat Gaṇarājya
- Capital: New Delhi
- Largest city: Mumbai
- Population: 1.3 billion
Museums in India Map
Indian Proverbs, Quotes, and Sayings
TOP 10 Museum In India
Top 10 Best Museums In India 2017|Popular Science And Historical museums
INDIAN MUSEUM KOLKATA TOUR INDIA’s LARGEST & OLDEST Museum of India
Top 10 Most Popular Museums in India
“What was hard to bear is sweet to remember.”
– Indian Proverb
Photo Credits: 1) By Rajesnewdelhi (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons