The Yamazaki Mazak Museum of Art Collection
Yamazaki Mazak Museum of Art is a delightful art museum which focuses 18th- to 20th-century French paintings & period furnishings. The collection is composed of Old Masters of the French Rococo period, Romanticism, Neo-Classicism, Realism and Impressionism.
The collection also includes Art Nouveau glass work and furniture from the end of the 19th century allowing visitors to experience the elegance of the French “salons” from a historic era.
Among the many masterpieces in the Yamazaki Mazak Museum of Art, the following are highlights:
- “Portrait of Dr Paul Alexandre” by Amedeo Modigliani
- “Adam” by Antoine Bourdelle
- “Resting Troops” by Jean-Baptiste Pater
- “Marching Troops” by Jean-Baptiste Pater
- “Aurora and Cephalus” by François Boucher
“Giving birth to a baby is easier than worrying about it.”
– Japanese proverbs
Photo Credit: JOM