Yamazaki Mazak Museum of Art is a delightful art museum which focuses 18th- to 20th-century French paintings & period furnishings. The collection is composed of Old Masters of the French Rococo period, Romanticism, Neo-Classicism, Realism and Impressionism.
The collection also includes Art Nouveau glasswork and furniture from the end of the 19th century allowing visitors to experience the elegance of the French “salons” from a historic era.
Among the many masterpieces in the Yamazaki Mazak Museum of Art, the following are highlights:
- “Portrait of Dr Paul Alexandre” by Amedeo Modigliani
- “Adam” by Antoine Bourdelle
- “Resting Troops” by Jean-Baptiste Pater
- “Marching Troops” by Jean-Baptiste Pater
- “Aurora and Cephalus” by François Boucher
“Giving birth to a baby is easier than worrying about it.” Japanese proverbs
Photo Credit: By JoyofMuseums