The Peranakan Museum explores the culture of Peranakan communities in Southeast Asia.
Installed in the former Tao Nan Chinese School, built in 1912, the museum possesses one of the finest and most comprehensive collections of Peranakan objects.
Galleries across three floors illustrate the cultural traditions and distinctive visual arts of the Peranakans.
The Peranakan Museum provides a stimulating and educational experience for all while representing the living culture of the Peranakan community in the region.
- Name: Peranakan Museum
- City: Singapore
- Type: Cultural Museum
- Location: 39 Armenian St, Singapore
A Virtual Tour of Museums in Singapore
- Asian Civilisations Museum
- National Museum of Singapore
- National Gallery of Singapore
- Changi Museum
- Old Ford Motor Factory, Singapore
- Peranakan Museum
- ArtScience Museum
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum
- Singapore Philatelic Museum
- Chinatown Heritage Center
- The Battle Box
“If you cannot stand hardship, It is hard to have happiness.”
– Hakka proverb
Photo Credit: GM | Content Credit: Peranakan Museum suggested contributions