The National Museum of China, covers Chinese history from the Yuanmou Man of 1.7 million years ago to the end of the Qing Dynasty, the last imperial dynasty in Chinese history/ It has a collection of over 1 million objects with many rare artifacts not to be found in museums anywhere else in the world.
Among the many historical and cultural objects in The National Museum of China the following are highlights:
- Han Dynasty jade burial suit
- Copperplate for printing the Great Ming one string banknote
- Red lacquer box from the Qing Dynasty
- Bronze cannon, (1332), Yuan Dynasty
- A Song Dynasty copy of the Portraits of Periodical Offering of Liang
For updates on new Chinese Museums and new Chinese Masterpieces follow “Joy of Museums” at:
Just press the Following and Like buttons.
“”After you” is good manners.” Chinese proverbs
Photo Credit: By Daniel Case (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons