Exhibits of the National Sports Museum
The National Sports Museum is a museum is dedicated to Australian sport and features exhibits for cricket, Australian rules football, the Summer and Winter Olympic Games, tennis, rugby league, rugby union, soccer, basketball, boxing and netball.
The Australian Sports Hall of Fame is also located within the museum along with the Australian Racing Museum and the Melbourne Cricket Club museum.
Among the many exhibits and historical objects in the National Sports Museum the following are some of the highlights:
- First Australian Olympic Medals 1896
- Olive Branch Wreath Awarded to Australia’s first Olympic Medallist
- Edwin Flack’s Diary of the First Olympic Games
- Berlin 1936 Olympic Torch
- Cricket in Marylebone Fields, 1748
- Cricket Bat 1770s
- Tour de France winning Bicycle
“The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part.”
– Pierre de Coubertin
Photo Credit: JOM