The Kunsthalle of the Hypo-Kulturstiftung, also known as Kunsthalle München or Hypo-Kunsthalle specialises in award-winning temporary exhibitions. It is one of the most visited exhibition venues in Munich. The Kunsthalle does not have its own art collection, it organises several temporary exhibitions each year, and in the last 30 years, it has hosted over 100 exhibitions. The Kunsthalle of the Hypo-Kulturstiftung is one of the most important and well-known institutions of the Hypo-Kulturstiftung.
Kunsthalle München Exhibitions
The exhibitions at the Kunsthalle München showcase art and culture from across the globe and include paintings, sculpture, graphic design, photography, arts and crafts, and design. Recent exhibitions have included:
- Good · True · Beautiful. Masterpieces of the Paris Salon from the Musée d’Orsay. (Sep 2017 – Jan 2018)
- You are Faust. Goethe’s drama in art. (Feb 2018 – July 2018)
- Lust of deception. From ancient art to virtual reality. (August 2018 – January 2019)
- Samurai. The splendour of Japanese chivalry. The Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Mueller collection February (2019 – June 2019 )
Your Visit to the Kunsthalle München
The Kunsthalle München is located in the pedestrian area of Theatinerstraße is located near Munich’s Old Town at the address Theatinerstraße 8, München. The premises extend over two buildings from the main entrance, Theatinerstraße 8, up to the exhibition halls on the second floor of Kardinal-Faulhaber-Straße 10. The Café der Kunsthalle can be reached via the main entrance on Theatinerstraße or the Salvator Passage with its hanging plant installation. The foyer, café and museum shop are open to the public.
The Kunsthalle is open daily from 10 am to 8 pm and for every 3rd Wednesday of the month until 10 pm. It is closed on Christmas and during renovation work or the installation of a new Exhibition. Check the Kunsthalle München website for the latest exhibits and days of operation.
Munich Card holders and the Munich City Pass, provide entrance fee savings and public transport options.
- Name: Kunsthalle München
- City: Munich
- Country: Germany
- Opened: 1985
- Type: Temporary Art Exhibition Venue
- Location: Kunsthalle der Hypo-Kulturstiftung, Theatinerstrasse 8, Munich
- The Pergamon Museum
- Neues Museum
- Altes Museum
- Alte Nationalgalerie – National Gallery (Berlin)
- Bode Museum
- Gemäldegalerie, Berlin
- Spy Museum Berlin
- Jewish Museum, Berlin
- Deutsches Historisches Museum – German Historical Museum
- DDR Museum
German Proverbs and Quotes
“Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.”
– Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
Photo Credit: Kunsthalle der Hypo-Kulturstiftung [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)]