The Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, also called, El Reina Sofía, or simply El Reina is Spain’s national museum of 20th-century art. Dedicated to Spanish art, the collection includes excellent collections of Spain’s two greatest 20th-century masters, Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dalí.
The museum also offers national and international temporary exhibitions, together with a free-access library specializing in art, with a collection of over 100,000 books, over 3,500 sound recordings, and almost 1,000 videos.
Among the many masterpieces in the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía the following are highlights in the “Joy of Museums”:
- “The Ludwigskirche in Munich” by Wassily Kandinski
- “Portrait of a Young Man at Prayer” by Hans Memling
- “Self-portrait” by Alfonso Ponce de León
- “Interior at Outdoors” by Ramon Casas i Carbó
- “Portrait of King Henry VIII” by Han Holbein the Younger
- “Greenwood Lake” by Jasper Francis Cropsey
The habit doesn’t make the monk. – El hábito no hace al monje. “
Photo Credit: 1)By Zarateman (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons