The Istanbul Archaeology Museums consists of three museums: The Archaeological Museum, The Museum of the Ancient Orient and The Museum of Islamic Art. The three museums houses over one million objects that represent almost all of the eras and civilizations in world history.
Among the many historical and cultural objects in the İstanbul Archaeology Museums the following are highlights in the “Joy of Museums”:
For updates on new Museums and new Masterpieces follow “Joy of Museums” at:
Just press the Following and Like buttons.
To help you better appreciate the İstanbul Archaeology Museums, the following guides will be helpful:
- Masterpieces of the İstanbul Archaeology Museums
- Finding Meaning at the İstanbul Archaeology Museums
- Your Visit to the İstanbul Archaeology Museums
- The History of the İstanbul Archaeology Museums
- Name: The İstanbul Archaeology Museums
- Established: 1891
- Collection: 1+ million objects
- Type: Archaeology museum
- Location: Osman Hamdi Bey Yokuşu Sokak, Gülhane, Istanbul, Turkey
“He who starts up in anger, sits down with a loss.” Turkish Proverb
Photo Credit: 1) By VikiPicture (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons