Museums in Ohio – Virtual Tour
Ohio is a state in the Midwestern United States, and it is the seventh most populous state in the USA. The state’s capital and its largest city are Columbus, followed by Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Toledo.
Ohio is historically known as the “Buckeye State” after its Ohio buckeye trees.
The state takes its name from the Ohio River, whose name, in turn, originated from the Seneca word ohiːyo’, meaning:
Partitioned from the Northwest Territory, Ohio was the 17th state admitted to the Union in 1803.
Ohio became the first non-colonial free state admitted to the Union to an industrial powerhouse in the 20th century before transitioning to an information and service-based economy in the 21st.
The state of Ohio has some fabulous museums, and we intend to provide virtual tours of the best museums in the state.
A Virtual Tour of the Museums in Ohio
Cleveland Museum of Art
Columbus Museum of Art
- State: Ohio
- Nickname: The Buckeye State
- Country: United States
- Demonym: Ohioan
- Admitted: 1803
- Population: 11.6 million
TOP 15. Best Museums in Cleveland, Ohio
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art or MET
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- Intrepid, Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Neue Galerie New York
- The Cloisters
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- American Museum of Natural History
- Museum of the City of New York
- New-York Historical Society
- Frick Collection
- Met Breuer
TOP 12. Best Museums in Cincinnati, Ohio
- National Gallery of Art
- National Museum of American History
- National Air and Space Museum
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- National Museum of Natural History
- National Portrait Gallery
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- The Phillips Collection
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- International Spy Museum
Museums in Ohio
USAF Museum DAYTON OH
“In Boston, they ask, how much does he know?
In New York, how much is he worth?
In Philadelphia, who were his parents?”
– Mark Twain
Photo Credit: Ɱ / CC BY-SA Wikimedia Commons