Museums in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C., officially the District of Columbia and commonly referred to as “Washington” or “D.C.” is the political capital of the United States.
Washington, D.C. has some of the world’s greatest museums. Featured currently on “Joy of Museums” is the following:
- National Gallery of Art
- National Museum of American History
- National Air and Space Museum
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- National Museum of Natural History
- National Portrait Gallery
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- The Phillips Collection
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- International Spy Museum
- City: Washington, D.C.
- Country: United States
- Created: 1790
- Named after: George Washington, 1st President of the US
Washington, D.C. Map
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.”
– Abraham Lincoln
Photo Credit: Carol M. Highsmith [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons