The National Air and Space Museum displays the largest collection of historic aircraft and spacecraft in the world. It was established in 1946 and opened its main building in 1976. The museum contains historical objects such as the Apollo 11 module, the Friendship 7 capsule, the Bell X-1 which broke the sound barrier, and the Wright brothers’ plane.
The historical objects of the National Air and Space Museum featured in the”Joy of Museums” include:
Further information about the Acropolis Museum is available via the following links:
- Historical Objects of the National Air and Space Museum
- Finding Meaning at the National Air and Space Museum
- Your Visit to the National Air and Space Museum
- The History of the National Air and Space Museum
- Name: National Air and Space Museum
- City: Washington, D.C.
- Country: United States
- Established: 1946
- Type: Air & Space Museum
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci
Photo Credit: 1) By xiquinhosilva (02684-National-Air-and-Space-Museum) [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons 2)