The National Museum of American History collects the heritage of the United States in the areas of social, political, cultural, scientific, and military history. The museum is part of the Smithsonian Institution and located on the National Mall.
The Historical Objects and Exhibits of the National Museum of American History include:
- Star-Spangled Banner Flag
- “George Washington” by Horatio Greenough
- John Bull Locomotive
- Greensboro sit-in Lunch Counter
Further insights about the National Museum of American History are available via the following links:
- Name: National Museum of Natural History
- City: Washington, D.C.
- Country: United States
- Established: 1964
- Type: History museum
- Location: National Mall in Washington, D.C., United States
“Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.” Abraham Lincoln
Photo Credit: Carol M. Highsmith [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons