The Phillips Collection is an art museum with a collection that includes paintings by Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Gustave Courbet, El Greco, Vincent van Gogh, Henri Matisse, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso and other leading artists.
Masterpieces of The Phillips Collection include:
- “Luncheon of the Boating Party” by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- “The Repentant Saint Peter” by El Greco
- “The Repentant St. Peter” by Francisco Goya
Further insights about The Phillips Collection are available via the following links:
- Name: The Phillips Collection
- City: Washington, D.C.
- Country: United States
- Opened: 1921
- Type: Art Gallery
- Location: 1600 21st Street NW, Washington, D.C.
“Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.” Abraham Lincoln
Photo Credit: By Joyofmuseums (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons