The Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, known commonly as the Egyptian Museum holds an extensive collection of ancient Egyptian antiquities. It has 120,000 items and is one of the largest museums in the region.
Among the many historical, cultural and specimen objects in the Egyptian Museum the following are highlights in the “Joy of Museums”:
For updates on new Egyptian Museums and new Egyptian Masterpieces follow “Joy of Museums” at:
Just press the Following and Like buttons.
To help you better appreciate the Egyptian Museum, the following guides will be helpful:
- Historical Objects of the Egyptian Museum
- Finding Meaning at the Egyptian Museum
- Your Visit to the Egyptian Museum
- The History of the Egyptian Museum
- Name: The Egyptian Museum or The Museum of Egyptian Antiquities
- Established: 1902
- Collection 120,000 Objects
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
“Leave him in error who loves his error.” Egyptian Proverb
Photo Credit: 1) By Hisham nasser (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons