Chicago is the third largest city in the United States, the metropolitan area has nearly 10 million people. Often referred to as the architecture capital of the United States, in terms of the economy, Chicago is considered one of the important business centers globally.
Chicago has many great museums and the museums that will be featured by the “Joy of Museums” include:
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Chicago History Museum
- Field Museum of Natural History
Others will be added over time.
- City: Chicago
- Country: United States
- State: Illinois
- Settled: 1780s
- Incorporated: As a Town – 1833
- Incorporated: As a City – 1837
- Named: Shikaakwa (wild onion or wild garlic) – Native American Language
- Population: City – 2.7 million; Metro – 10 million
” Well done is better than well said.” Benjamin Franklin
Photo Credit: By Allen McGregor [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons